Sunday, November 1, 2009

Is it really November already?

Already the first of my "good" months is history. As I explained last month, I choose to divide the year in half, October - March and April - September. And I choose to declare October - March as the better half. Just me. But where did October go? For us here in southeast Louisiana it was more warm than usual and a lot more on the wet side. Today has been glorious as is the forecast for the rest of the week.

October was a special month as I have already documented our visit to North Carolina and time spent with our son and his fiancee. And everyone around these parts also rejoiced in the stellar play of our New Orleans Saints. Let's pray for an equally happy November. The month ends with all the hype around Halloween giving way to a new month and the back to back feasts of All Saints, celebrated today and All Souls, tommorrow.

In the month ahead we will all have plenty to keep us busy. Football continues as I will be watching with much interest the Saints and the LSU Tigers. Man I could go for a big upset this coming weekend against Alabama and Nick Saban. We will celebrate Veterans Day, a holiday I believe does not get enough attention as we honor those who have kept us free. And we will enjoy Thanksgiving as we reflect on all we have to be thankful for!

This will also be a very busy month for ministry. And I look forward to all the opportunity God puts on my path. As a new Deacon, I will be somewhat reflective in the upcoming weeks as my 1 year anniversary of ordination draws near. This time last year me and my classmates were busy with plans, ordering vestments and preparing for our pre-ordination retreat. How quickly the time has past.

So let's enjoy all that November has in store. And at the beginning of the new month let's offer this month to God who blesses and protects us. May we be prepared to be generous with our time and talents in the upcoming holiday season, always mindful of those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment