Thursday, February 26, 2009

Want to learn more about Lent?

Want a refresher course on Lent? New to the faith or just want to know why Catholics do what they do during Lent? There is a great article that explains plenty: http://marysaggies.blogspot.com/2009/02/lent-2009.html




Tommorrow is the first Friday of Lent. For those of you on the Northshore, please plan on attending Stations of the Cross at St. Jane's in Abita Springs and St. Michael's Mission in Bush. Both start at 7 p.m.



I would appreciate any comments on what YOU are doing during this Lenten season; any prayer or devotional practices, what you are abstaining from, any acts of charity?

A great psalm to pray in Lent, it is prayed almost every Friday of the year at morning prayer:
Psalm 51:
Have mercy on me God in your goodness; in your abundant compassion blot out my offense. Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me.
A clean heart create for me, O God; renew in me a steadfast spirit.
Restore my joy in your salvation; sustain in me a willing spirit. Verses 3-4, 12, 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment