Saturday, March 31, 2012

So long March, so long best part of the year; is it October yet?

On the evening of March 31st I sit down and blog away about my favorite time of the year as it retreats for the next six months.  There is no other way to put it for me; I don't like the hotter weather months of the year.  For us in southeast Louisiana, that roughly equates to April through September.  Of course, down here, any month can bring some heat and humidity.  And sometimes April can be pleasant.  However, by the time we reach around April 20th until well past Labor Day, everyday will be hot and humid.  Couple the weather with that crazy daylight savings time, all we have for the next 180 days or so is the hot weather and endless evening daylight to cut the always growing grass.

Ok, ok, I know that this sounds so negative.  Before I get to carried away I realize that every day, every month, every season of the year, including summer, is ordained by God the Father.  And there will be many events and traditions in the next six months that I actually enjoy and bring about good memories.  I just can't get past the heat.  Let's just look forward a little; April will usher in the last important days of Lent before next weekend's glorious celebration of Easter!  And we will see the start of baseball season soon, and the really important golf tournaments and horse races.  We have another big family event in a few months with a wedding in the family.  That event will give us the opportunity to go visit our son and daughter in law, who are expecting my first grandchild.  I will have to remember that fact this year; in early September I become a grandpa so I might just have to love September now too!

For all you who can't wait for the summer season, please have a little sympathy for me.  I'll try not to moan and groan too much, except when I will be complaining about cutting grass.

So long best half of the year; come on April; I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment