Sunday, August 2, 2020

A message to the parishioners of St Jane and St Michael Mission

Greetings from Deacon Mike.  Thank you all for your many prayers as I, my wife, my son-in-law and young grandson recover from Covid19.  I am always keenly aware of the efficacy of your prayers.  I am happy to report that none of us have suffered major symptoms although I would not wish even the milder symptoms we did experience on anyone.  I complete my 14 day isolation/quarantine tomorrow and will report back to work later this week.  I hope to be back with all of you at church in a couple of weeks.  I will still need some time to recover and gain additional strength.

I am praying for all in the parish to remain safe and stay healthy.  As one now viewing all things Coronavirus through the eyes of having experienced it I plead with you to do all the things we are being asked to do, including wearing the mask and always being aware of proper social distancing.  I will also stress if you even think you might be sick, assume it is Covid19 and go get checked.  I was able to find a place in Covington that did a rapid test for me so I knew early on that I was positive.

Some of you even reached out to me and cooked delicious meals and ran some errands for us so let me express thanks to those who helped.  And, as mentioned earlier, I am so thankful for all those prayers.

Today St. Paul asked the question: what will separate us from the love of Christ?  He tells us nothing will, not even present things or future things.  May I add neither will Coronavirus, any illness, anxiety or even fear of this pandemic; nothing will separate us from the love of Christ.  I felt the love of Christ in many ways these last 2 weeks, especially in our care and concern, your prayers and your generosity.  Thank you for helping me remember these powerful words from St. Paul: nothing will separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment