Thursday, March 1, 2018

Hello March; I'm ready

Like I do at the start of every month, the obligatory " I can't believe it's March already" or "my the year is going by quickly".  When we turned the calendar today we know we are squarely in Lent.  And Lent, for many, especially clergy, is busy.  After an opportunity to speak with PSR youth, lead Bible study, address prison ministry, prepare for two Baptisms, tonight was a wonderful opportunity to speak at my previous parish assignment at Most Holy Trinity.

I was the 2nd speaker in their 3 week Lenten mission and was asked to speak about the fruits of sacrifice.  Indeed, that is what I did.  It was so nice to see so many people especially the many folks who I grew close to in my nearly 5 year assignment at MHT.  I plan on reproducing my presentation in another post by tomorrow.

Suffice to say tonight I was so honored and privileged to be back at MHT, to offer such a special presentation for their Lenten parish journey and to just be among so many friends.

Thanks to Fr. Rodney Bourg, Pastor and Terri Derbes for arranging such a wonderful night.

For now I will just say, among many fruits of sacrifice, is victory in Jesus!

We now ease into a busy Lenten weekend as back home at St Jane it's another Fish Fry Friday but more importantly, Stations of the Cross tomorrow night.  This weekend at all Masses we will introduce our Lenten Mission that will begin Monday and run through Thursday!

And now that we are in March, my wife and I do anticipate the soon to arrive grandbaby; details to follow.

Hello March, I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment