#MercyMonday - Feed the Hungry
Communications • Mon, Nov 14 2016
There are many people in this world who go without food. When so much of our food goes to waste, consider how good stewardship practices of your own food habits can benefit others who do not have those same resources.
- Having delicious food at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? Donate to a Thanksgiving or Christmas food drive so everyone can have something to eat.
- Research, identify and contribute financially to organizations that serve the hungry:
- The next time you make a recipe that can be easily frozen, make a double batch and donate one to your local food pantry or soup kitchen.
- Try not to purchase more food than you are able to eat. If you notice that you end up throwing groceries away each week, purchasing less groceries would eliminate waste and allow you to donate the savings to those in need.
- This Lent, give up eating out at restaurants. Pack your meals and donate the extra money to charities.
- Participate in Operation Rice Bowl.
There are so many people in the world who are hungry. Give us a compassionate heart to share our abundant blessings to help others. Help us to understand that to care for others is to care for you.