#MercyMonday - Visit the Imprisoned
Communications • Mon, Oct 24 2016
People in prison are still people, made in the image and likeness of God. No matter what someone has done, they deserve the opportunity to hear the Word of God and find the Truth of the message of Christ.
- See if your parish, or a nearby parish, has a prison ministry and if so, get involved.
- Volunteer to help out or donate to charities that give Christmas presents to children whose parents are in prison.
- support and/or participate in ministries to those who are incarcerated;
- support programs sponsored by agencies that advocate on behalf of those who are unjustly imprisoned;
- support job-training and educational programs designed to rehabilitate prisoners;
- pray for the families of inmates;
- support programs that provide holiday gifts for prisoners and their families;
- support efforts that seek the abolition of the death penalty.
Make me aware of those who suffer and struggle against pains and imprisonment, no matter what their form. Help me offer comfort and care. Give us the perseverance and the strength to take action even when it is hard. Help us to understand that to care for others is to care for you.
We ask this through the intercession of our mother as we pray Hail Mary…