Friday, July 22, 2016

Right now, right here, this is my prayer

So home from work; another very full week and on my Friday evening I cut grass; put in about 90 minutes cutting some of the tallest, most difficult part of the south pasture. Guess what? No complaining this night. In thanksgiving, thank you Lord for giving me this beautiful piece of property; help me, as long as I have strength left, to be a good steward of this land. Bless my land and my family who lives upon your great gift. And in the morning, as I return to work on a... Saturday, prosper the work of my hands Lord, prosper the work of my hands. May I see the blessing and goodness in the people you place in front of me Lord and not see my brother/sister as an inconvenience. And in the days ahead over the remainder of the weekend, thank you Lord for allowing me to proclaim your most Divine Word and to assist your Priest at your Holy Altar. May I, in some small way through your blessings and your grace, be a visible sign to your people of service sacramentalized; the icon of Christ the Servant, who came to serve and not be served. These things and so much more I ask and I offer to You, in the name of Your most precious Son, Jesus, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit; One God, forever and ever. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment