Monday, May 23, 2016

Day 101 with the Baltimore Catechism

Day #101: Are you obligated to do works of mercy?
 
 
Which are the chief spiritual works of mercy? The chief spiritual works of mercy are seven:
  1. To admonish the sinner.
  2. To instruct the ignorant.
  3. To counsel the doubtful.
  4. To comfort the sorrowful.
  5. To bear wrongs patiently.
  6. To forgive all injuries.
  7. To pray for the living and the dead.
Is everyone obliged to perform the works of mercy? Everyone is obliged to perform the works of mercy, according to his own ability and the need of his neighbor.

For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in; naked, and you covered me; sick, and you visited me; I was in prison, and you came to me. (Matthew 25:35-36)



Further reading: CCC 2419-2425

No comments:

Post a Comment