Saturday, April 23, 2016

I am exhausted! Thank goodness for friends!

10 straight hours of yard work, except for the unplanned nap around 3 PM!!!  I am exhausted.  It's a good exhausted.  I have a 10 acre piece of property that has never looked better.  All the grass is cut, trees were cut, ditches weeded, the dog kennel is gone, tons of trees and junk and garbage is burned.  The barn is cleaned out and I am ready for whatever.

Oh now Wendy tells me the house cleaning starts Monday; no rest I guess.

In Sirach we hear this: a faithful friend is a sturdy shelter, he who finds one finds a treasure.

Dating all the way back to when I was in formation, soon to be ordained, our friends Aimee and Keith, recognizing the time commitment I was under asked if we minded if they hung out at our place and do some yard work.  Almost 10 years later, Aimee and Keith constantly make sure this old man and usually super busy Deacon has grass cut, property looking good and have even helped us for a few years with an impressive vegetable garden.  They really have been a blessing.

Last Saturday and today they made darn sure my place looks top notch as the plans continue for the wedding of the century.  We all worked hard today; I am exhausted but enriched and blessed by the gift of friends.

For the millionth time, thank you Aimee and Keith!

No comments:

Post a Comment