Friday, February 19, 2016

Thursday night at Most Holy Trinity

Last night I presented Day 1 of MHT's Lenten retreat, focused on vocal prayer.  My presentation is too long to post here but near the end, I offered several Scriptures to pray with.  Particularly  I find these Bible verses beautiful to pray aloud.

And I offer them here so you may do the same: 

The Lord's Prayer, Matthew 6:9-15

The Hail Mary, in Luke 1, both at the Annunciation and the Visitation

The Beatitudes, Matthew 5:3-12

Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemani, Luke 22: 39-46

The Sanctus, Revelation 4: 8,11

Psalm 23, Psalm 51, Psalm 115, Psalm 123

Kenotic love, Philippians 2:5-11

Prayer of love, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13

Try praying with these Scriptures, even aloud, on your continued journey thru Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment