Monday, February 22, 2016

EWTN and the Sister of the Monastery of Our Lady of the Angels say please keep praying for Mother Angelica

Mother Angelica Update


We don’t understand the awesomeness of living even one more day. I told my sisters the other day, “When I get really bad give me all the medicine I can take, all the tubes you can stuff down me.” ‘Why’d you want that?” “I want to live.” “Why?” “Because I will have suffered one more day for the love of God… I will exercise you in virtue. But most of all I will know God better. You cannot measure the value of one new thought about God in your own life.” - Mother Angelica

MOTHER’S UPDATE
“On Things Above”
We want to extend a very special and heart-felt thank you to each of you who have been praying for Mother Angelica. The many cards and promises of prayer she received throughout this past Christmas season were a great consolation and support. Mother’s condition remains delicate and she receives devoted care day and night by her sisters and nurses. In God’s providence, she was able to receive the special Jubilee grace of passing through the Holy Door shortly after it’s opening. Although she is most often sleeping, from time to time Mother will give a radiant smile. There is no doubt that her heart must be “on things above.” (cf Col 3:2) Near the close of 2015, the entire community of the MFVA Friars was able to come for the offering of a special Mass for Mother Angelica – another gift of God’s Mercy. Mother herself is regularly fortified by the sacraments. Please continue to keep her in your prayers; each day is a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment