Saturday, November 22, 2014

Living life thankfully

Over on facebook I decided to post every day that for which I am thankful.  Yes, I have covered the really important things like love of God, my Catholic faith, family and friends.  And I've even mentioned things like being thankful for time, quiet and pop-tarts.  Having lived a good life, with it's ups and downs, for almost 60 years, I can testify that living life thankfully is much better than just living life.  The challenge, as I perceive it, is to be thankful even when times are tough, or when things seem to go against us.  One of my thankful posts recalled a very bad professional moment in my life that opened a door to an even better opportunity for me.  I can recall initially feeling sadness when the Archbishop asked me to leave my home parish and take my diaconate ministry to a new parish.  Little did I know then how fruitful and meaningful my ministry would be at Most Holy Trinity parish.

Always be thankful.  I follow with great admiration and compassion the journey of a beutiful young wife and mom from our community as she battles the shocking and unexpected news of cancer.  Through her blog and facebook posts she demonstrates a heart-felt thankfulness for everything, even while battling strong in her fight to kick cancer's butt!  Continued prayers for Elise Angellete!  And I wonder if she really knows how many people she has touched by sharing her journey and story?

In just a few days many of us will gather with family and celebrate the national holiday that is Thanksgiving.  I hope many will join me in beginning that day in thanksgivng by attending Mass.  Living a life thankfully is made so much more robust when we acknowledge God as the source of all we are thankful for.  May He continue to bless each of us with His love and grace and the great gift of living thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment