Sunday, June 29, 2014

What the heck happened to June??

Are you asking the same question?  Wow; where did June 2014 go?  Summer is rolling along too and down here in these parts, our children are already on the downside of summer vacation.  They go back to school sometime around August 10th, give or take, so they are down to about 6 weeks of summer!


June ushered in with the most exciting thing my wife and I do these days; be grandparents in the flesh!  That first week of June was spent in North Carolina with #1 grandson Calvin and they were 5 glorious days.  But Wendy and I returned home dutifully to attend to our personal lives, our jobs and my ministry as a Permanent Deacon for the Archdiocese of New Orleans!


I did have one wedding this month but no baptisms and June did find me returning to Rayburn Prison after my time off since my surgery recovery in May.  I helped to kick off another wonderful adult faith formation class at my parish, MHT, this one devoted to Mary in Scripture.


But June also saw the predictable when it relates to summer.  It's been hot, but that is not the main weather story.  This year we are wet; incredibly wet.  So wet that I have been hard pressed to keep up with my grass cutting responsibilities.  Yet, I do what I can when I can.


In just a little over 24 hours it will be July.  Personally, I do not like July.  The days grow hotter, the mosquitos bigger and the hurricane threat is a little greater than it is in June.  Yet July is but one of the 12 months of God's creation so I endure.  This July will start off with a nice national holiday that coincides with a holiday.  July will also bring us the crowning of a champion in the Soccer World Cup.  Will it be USA?  Probably not, but there still is hope!  And don't forget, July also brings us the start of the Saints training camp and real football!!


I hope July will be a good month.  It will be hot, probably wet and it marks the middle of summer.  But as we place our trust and hopes and concerns with God, we all will have a great July!

No comments:

Post a Comment