Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter alleluia's in prison tonight!

Even though I was not scheduled to be at the prison tonight, I went anyway.  And thank goodness I went; no other volunteers showed up.  I don't know the details but at least I was there.  So we celebrated the Wednesday within the Easter Octave.  I had not brought Eucharist tonight, expecting there to be a Mass.  But I explained to the men we would celebrate as best we could and would make an Easter spiritual communion!


35 men were present and they were filled with Easter joy, belting out several beautiful hymns.  We unpacked the Gospel story from the road to Emmaus.  We discussed Divine Mercy and the canonization of the two Popes!  We prayed a very heartfelt spiritual communion and we sang some more!


What another powerful night in prison!


I was also able to announce to the men that we are going to present a retreat for the men this summer and the Archbishop desires a visit in the fall.  Excitement indeed!


And then the best blessing of them all; a man came forward to request RCIA instruction to become a full member of the Church!!!


I wasn't even supposed to go but the Holy Spirit sent me north to celebrate Easter with the men of Rayburn Prison.  Thanks be to God alleluia, alleluia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment