Monday, December 30, 2013

10 great New Years Resolutions for Catholics thanks to R.I. Bishop Tobin

Bishop Tobin Suggests Ten New Year’s Resolutions for Catholics

new yrs resolutions2In 2014 I resolve to . . .
1) Be more aware of God’s presence in my life by spending a few moments in quiet prayer every day.
2) Do my very best to attend Holy Mass every Sunday and Holy Day.
3) Receive the Sacrament of Penance (Confession) on a regular basis.
4) (Re)Introduce at least one individual to the Catholic Faith and invite that person to attend Mass with me.
5) Increase the financial support I give to the Church – to my parish, the Diocese or in special collections.
6) Read Pope Francis’ Encyclical, Evangelium Gaudium.
7) Pray and work for an increase of vocations to the Priesthood and Religious Life, and pray also for our current seminarians.
:) Be reconciled with at least one person from whom I’ve been separated, granting forgiveness and seeking forgiveness wherever it’s needed.
9) Promote and defend the Catholic Faith in the secular media or with elected officials whenever important public issues arise.
10) Get involved in at least one community program or Church ministry that promotes charity and justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment