Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sandy Hook Elementary Choir: moving performance but I can't show you:(

Whatever happens today in this Super Bowl, whoever wins, whoever the MVP may be, I don't think there can be any moment more moving and inspirational than those kids from Sandy Hook Elementary from Newtown CT.  Just over a month and a half ago these children were the survivors of such a senseless act of domestic terrorism.  These children were hiding under desks or in closets, listening to their teachers who were trying to save them.  Yes, these children were there when their school mates were killed.

But tonight, these children performed America the Beautiful before the kickoff for Super Bowl 47.  It was a stiring, beautiful moment and I'm sure more than a few tears were shed in the Superdome.  I thought I would be lucky enough to catch a video on youtube to share here but instead, this is what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ha8NHTrCbU

Really NFL.  Is there really a legitimate reason to block this?  But I did find this picture on facebook.  What a great moment; maybe the highlight to this Super Bowl!

<3 The Sandy Hook Elementary Choir already won the Super Bowl MVP. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment