Monday, December 31, 2012

For the abitadeacon it was a year of great change

2012 will always rank as one of the most memorable in my life; it was a year of great change.  In 2012 I earned a new title, "Pops"as I became a grandfather to my favorite little man, #1 grandson, Calvin Tyler Talbot.  He arrived in the world in early September; big, happy and healthy.  Wendy and I were there within 24 hours.  Wendy went back for two weeks in October, I made a short trip in November and we both spent a five day Christmas visit early this month.  I love posting pictures and you can bet at least one or two will be coming your way soon.

You can bet I will never forget September 6, 2012 as my son James and daughter-in-law Sara brought Calvin into this world!!

Another great change in 2012 was my big career move in June.  After a long and mostly good career at Capital One Bank the big corporate foolishness was too much for me and I broke away joining a great team of banking professionals at First NBC Bank.  I returned to my roots of strong community based banking where local people make local decisions and we strive to build a strong bank where we live.  I have made great strides with First NBC Bank and am so happy I made this change.

I hope good positive change like that described above will be my 2013 reality.  You know none of us can ever really predict the future but I can assure you that more adventures with Calvin will be on the horizon.

For now, Happy New Year.  I'm off to a friends house to enjoy New Year's Eve festivities including a fireworks demonstration par excellence!

No comments:

Post a Comment