Sunday, November 25, 2012

Beautiful essay about Real Presence

Why don’t you join our church?.........Thank you for the invitation to visit your church, I enjoyed the visit. Walking into the door the aroma of fresh Starbucks coffee and fresh baked cookies and donuts was very welcoming. The brightness of the lighting, the new paint, new carpet and the general remodeling of the building was impressive (I used to work in that building when it was a “big box” ...
grocery store) The Christian band onstage that played for 45 minutes was very impressive. Very talented musicians played and sang very good and inspiring Christian based songs in pop, rock, and indie genres. The Minister gave a stirring and Holy Spirit filled sermon. His Bible references were superb, the congregation was uplifted. The air was electrified. Everybody was smiling, laughing, waving, and enjoying the Holy Spirits gifts of praise as best they could in the worship of our God and our savior, his son Jesus Christ. Something was wrong with me though. I was lonely. Even though several hundred people were with me in the sanctuary. I was by myself. The person who I most wanted to be with was not there in flesh and blood. Jesus was there in spirit and all present praised Him to the fullest I can attest to that. I like your church and congratulate you on your witness to Christ and your praise of God the Father. But, I miss Him so. I am sorry but I cannot abandon Jesus’s Body and Blood on the Altar in the earthly forms of bread and wine consecrated by a priest following in Apostolic succession all the way back to St. Peter whom Jesus in person entrusted the “Keys to the Kingdom” and was present when Jesus instructed all of his Apostles “Do this in memory of me”. I also miss my Heavenly Mother looking down on me and remembering the instructions she gave to the servers at the wedding in Cana. “Do whatever He tells you”. If every mother who ever existed on the planet earth only had 1 instruction and 1 instruction only to give to their children in their whole lives it should be this. “Do whatever Jesus tells you”. So sadly my friends I must go back “Home” where it all started from. Where I belong, to the Catholic Church. I extend an invitation to you to visit us in our worship. I am sad to say we are not as audio or visually inclined as your church. Our Parish Hall may have only store bought cookies and brewed in the pot coffee. But Jesus will be present in the real Flesh and Blood as well as Holy Spirit. I can promise you that.


>>>I found this gem on facebook by Micahel Tusa who gave permission for me to reprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment