Saturday, October 27, 2012

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody

Strange Saturday night.  For the second week(end) in a row the wife is residing in grandson land so I'm doing the home alone routine.  And at this early hour for a Saturday night I am seriously contemplating bed.  That's o.k. as I've been more than busy and did have some good offers tonight.  In fact I did have a nice visit with friends earlier this evening.  Earlier in the late afternoon I had a couples meeting before their December nuptials and I assisted the 4 p.m. vigil Mass.  All of this after a half day of work and you can imagine, an early night, even though it be a Saturday night, doesn't sound so bad.

This quiet Saturday evening is bringing us in southeast Lousiana the coldest air of the season.  Tonight will probably bring very low 40's and highs are a pleasant 70 or less.  This is awesome weather for us who labor under a half year, or more, of oppresive heat and humidity.  I'm truly looking forward to how chilly the thermometer will read in the morning.  It's kind of odd, when you really think about it, that we are enjoying perfect fall weather while the folks up the Atlantic seaboard are waiting out a late season hurricane.  Kind of odd and twisted.  Those of us down in these parts who deal with hurricanes and tropical storms all the time wish our neighbors well as we pray, on your behalf, through Our Lady of Prompt Succor.

Looking forward to a nice quiet Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment