Thursday, March 31, 2011

My "not so favorite" time of the year

Tonight I say farewell to my favorite time of the year; the half of the year that I enjoy more than the other half. You see I personally enjoy fall & winter, cooler weather and those things associated with these seasons like football, Christmas and grass not growing. I thrive during this half of the year so tonight I say farewell. See you in about 6 months. With the dawning of April 1st we move into those warmer, muggier months that eventually bring us hotter than you know what weather. And my grass just grows and grows and grows. The humidity can become unbearable. And of course, the summer months bring us a little thing called hurricane season. Don't get me wrong; I love everyday and every season. The imaginery half of the year that I frame from October to March is just my favorite. April does bring us great joy as we will celebrate Easter and the Resurrection. We will journey through the end of Lent first then the beautiful Easter season in the weeks ahead. For me personally, we will celebrate our youngest graduating from college; that will be huge. Just last year we celebrated our son's wedding in May so that will be a nice anniversary for all to remember. The days of April through September do indeed bring many joys and laughter; it's just so darn hot. I wonder what my own favorite half of the year would be if I lived in Green Bay or Maine or somewhere on the upper peninsula of Michigan. But I live here, where winter is short and mild, although we can get that occasional real winter weather. So good bye favorite half; not favorite half I'm ready for ya! But in every season; praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment