Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!! 300 and counting!!!

Tonight is the eve of the one year anniversary of launching abitadeacon. I had no idea what this would look like then as I truly thought I might post a few homilies and other random thoughts. This little update, being written on a quiet Friday night (at least at my place), is my 300th published post.

I realize that I will never fully know how often you and others will stop by and read abitadeacon. That's ok as writing this blog is cathartic for me and satisfies my inmost desire to journal and reflect.

I've mentioned before that computer skills would not be listed as a strength in my personal skills set inventory. I still struggle to cut and paste and have had almost no luck lately in posting pictures or videos. For now, I'll be happy with writing my reflections.

A quick glance at my list on the home page here does reveal that homilies are my most frequent contribution. Since the inception of the blog I do try to post a homily every week, even if I am not preaching.

Other favorite topics have been Saints (those in Heaven) and the New Orleans Saints (especially lately) and sacraments and things related to prison ministry at Rayburn prison. I have commented on topical things, stayed mostly away from politics; mostly and have tried to explain the ministry of the Permanent Deacon.

So tonight I'll reflect on my one year as a blogger and place this blog, as I did last year, in God's hands as I pray that something I write or post will help someone grow closer to God and His Church.

And this 300th post will be far from the last as I intend to grow abitadeacon to serve God and one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment